The City of Fridley is offering reduced-cost trees to help enhance our urban forest in anticipation of the loss of ash trees due to emerald ash borer. Help our urban forest become more resilient by planting a tree in your yard. T
Help our urban forest become more resilient by planting a tree in your yard. Trees improve air and water quality, increase property values, lower energy bills and provide valuable wildlife habitat.
To purchase, submit your order by April 6 online at FridleyMN.Gov/TreeSale or by calling 763-572-3594. Trees will be available for pick-up on May 9 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at the Fridley Civic Campus. Limited quantities available. Limit two trees per household. For Fridley residents only.
Tree available include:
- Hackberry: Provides fruit for birds and nesting sites
- Northern Red Oak: Pollen favored by pollinators, fruit for birds, nesting sites
- Kentucky Coffee Tree: Nesting sites
- Prairiefire Crabapple: Flowers for pollinators, fruit for birds, nesting sites
- Ironwood: Fruit for birds and small mammals
- Black Hills Spruce: Seeds for song birds and small mammals, nesting sites
- Arbor Rain Watering Bag
More information available about each tree, including height, shade preference and cost are available on the webpage.