Citywide Garage Sale
The City of Fridley will host a Citywide Garage Sale June 25th & June 26th, 2021. Sellers - declutter your homes, earn some extra cash, and meet your neighbors! Shoppers - find some great bargains and unique finds, meet your neighbors, and explore the Fridley community!
Garage Sale Dates
- Friday June 25th, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday June 26th, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Trash to Treasure Day: Sunday, June 27th 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Host a Sale: Registration Starts Thursday, April 15th.
- Register your Garage Sale online. Or call 763-572-3570 to register your Garage Sale.
- Registration Starts: Thursday, April 15th
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, June 10th
- Registration Fee: $10, includes the price of one Citywide Garage Sale yard sign.
- You can purchase up to 2 additional yard signs for $5 each.
- The City of Fridley will provide Garage Sale Hosts with a Garage Sale Host Guide with information about the sale including various tips for hosting a successful sale. Garage Sale Hosts will receive their guide after they register to host a garage sale.
- City staff will reach out to Garage Sale Hosts in June, closer to the Citywide Garage Sale, about the process for picking up their Citywide Garage Sale yard signs.
Missed the Thursday, June 10th registration deadline?
- Call 763-572-3570 to register your garage sale after June 10th. The fee is $15 dollars after June 10th.
Shop the Sales: Garage sale maps will be available starting Wednesday, June 23rd.
- Online and mobile garage sale maps with registered garage sales will be available starting on Wednesday, June 23rd.
- Printed garage sale maps will also be available for pick up at Fridley City Hall, 7071 University Ave NE, Wednesday, June 23rd through Friday, June 25th from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Take photos of your favorite garage sales and favorite garage sale finds, upload them to social media and use the hashtag #FridleyCitywideGarageSale in the post.
Trash to Treasure Day
Sunday, June 27, 2021 9:00 am. - 6:00 p.m.
One person’s trash, another person’s treasure! Fridley residents can participate in Fridley’s Trash to Treasure Day by placing items they no longer want on the curb at the end of their driveways. Please marked these items as "FREE". “FREE” items can be placed at the end of driveways from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 27th. Community members will then have the opportunity to drive around Fridley and pick up items that are marked as “FREE”. Any items not picked up must be removed from the end of driveways by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 27th. No registration is required.
The Citywide Garage Sale is subject to change with updates on the COVID-19 pandemic and federal, state, and local orders. Please check the City’s webpage and social media accounts for the most recent updates and changes. City staff will be in direct communication with any garage sale hosts around COVID-19 changes and updates.
Garage Sale Hosts and shoppers will be asked to follow distancing guidelines at the event. This includes staying six feet apart, considering wearing a mask and practicing good hygiene. If you are feeling sick or experiencing symptoms, please stay home.
Community Shopper COVID Guidelines and Tips
- Stay home if you are ill and are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wear a mask.
- If the sale is too crowded, wait in your car, in line or come back at another time.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after each sale you visit.
- Avoid carpooling to garage sale with members outside of your household.
- Practice social distancing at all times.
- Limit your time at the garage sale, and in garages and tents.
- Please respect and follow the COVID-19 guidelines that each garage sale host has at their garage sale.
Garage Sale Host COVID Guidelines and Tips
- The City of Fridley will provide Garage Sale Hosts with various tips for hosting a garage sale during COVID-19 in their Garage Sale Host Guide. Garage Sale Hosts will receive their guide after they register to host a garage sale.
The Citywide Garage Sale will be postponed or canceled if there is inclement or severe weather. Garage sale hosts will be contacted if this situation occurs.